Alright winter weather, my bag is packed. My boarding pass is printed. There’s no stopping me now.
You have approximately 17 hours to melt, clear up and GET GONE.
….Pretty please? With a tortilla strip on top?
Shrimp and Tortilla Soup:
What it took for 2:
* ½ pound medium frozen shrimp, thawed and pat dry
* 1 red bell pepper, chopped
* 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
* 2 garlic cloves, minced
* 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes, drained
* 2 cups chicken broth
* 1 (8 oz) bottle clam juice
* ½ cup chopped scallions, greens and whites separated
* 1/4th cup fresh cilantro
* 1 tsp cumin
* 1 tsp dried oregano
* 4 corn tortillas, cut into thin strips
* 2 Tbs. vegetable oil
* 1 cup frozen corn
* 1/4th cup fresh lime juice
- Alright winter weather, my bag is packed. My boarding pass is printed. There’s no stopping me now.
- In a large pot, bring 1 Tbs. oil to a medium-high heat. Add the strips and sauté until crisp. Remove from pan and drain on a paper towel.