Happy New Year!
Thank you all for your friendship, love, kind words, encouragement, delicious food and good company!
May you all enjoy a healthy, prosperous and happy 2012!
* * * * * * *
Soooooo….. Despite my comments regarding beef in my last post for 2011, I ended up cooking a rather LARGE piece of red meat for my family’s Christmas lunch….
….And then, Christmas came and went in a flash.
The days that immediately follow Christmas always feel slightly melancholy.
♥ Holiday music no longer plays on KOST 103.5 FM.
- 7.5 pound beef tenderloin, untrimmed
- 1 pound of bacon
- 6 to 7 cloves of garlic
- 8 to 10 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- Ground thyme (Supplement with fresh thyme, if you have some on hand. I didn't, and dried works fine.)
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Sea salt
- Olive oil
- 3 to 4 pats of unsalted butter
- 2, 15 ounce cans of beef broth