Dark Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies are made with green banana flour, rich dark dutch cocoa and crunchy decadent macadamia nuts.
Earlier this week we posted a recipe for our Chewy Mandarin Orange Cookies. Even though these little cookies freeze well and were hidden well out of view under the broccoli, they were found and inhaled. Don’t judge me but this is the 4th time I have eaten cookies for lunch this week…well after all, it is the holiday season.
These delicious ultra CHEWY dark chocolate macadamia nut cookies are happily gluten-free (GF) and vegan. Deeply rich with chocolate, but not too sweet. When you sink your teeth into these chewy cookies with the fabulous crunch of the roasted macadamia nuts, you will not even care that they are gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan.
- Wet Ingedients
- butter/margarine - 1/2 cup ( We used dairy-free Smart Balance)
- granulated sugar - 1 cup ( We used coconut sugar)- please set aside another 1/2 cup to roll the cookies in before baking
- ground flax seeds and water - 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds in 6 teaspoons of water and let stand 5 mins)
- vanilla extract - 1 teaspoon ( or use pure vanilla if you have that on hand)
- milk alternative - 1/3 cup ( We used Lactaid as that is my mom's favorite brand but feel free to use almond milk, soy milk or whatever you like)
- Dry Ingredients
- coconut flour - 1.5 cups
- green banana flour - 1/2 cup ( We used NuNaturals organic NuNana Green Banana Flour)
- corn starch - 1/2 cup
- unsweetened cocoa powder - 1/2 cup ( We used NuNaturals cocoa powder)
- salt - 1 teaspoon
- baking soda - 1 teaspoon
- macadamia nuts - 1/2 cup crushed (reserve 1/2 for garnishing)