Meat Lover’s Apple Stuffed Acorn Squash are filled with all of the flavors and spices of the autumn season including two kinds of ground meat and naturally sweet handpicked apples.
You are just going to love this Meat lover’s Apple Stuffed Acorn Squash as it is savory, naturally sweet and slightly spicy. It is also happily gluten-free, dairy-free and paleo friendly too.
Seriously, I don’t know how this Meat Lover’s Apple Stuffed Acorn Squash can taste so darn good and yet be so good for you. The secret is using fresh in season ingredients.
- acorn squash - 1 cut in half, seeds removed
- water - 1/2 cup
- olive oil - 2 tablespoons ( or coconut oil, if you prefer) 1 tablespoon is for the meat and apple stuffing and the other tablespoon is for the final roasting of the acorn squash)
- onion - 1 small onion chopped
- garlic - 1 fresh clove peeled and minced
- apples - 2 small gala apples (or crispy apples of choice like granny smiths, fuji, etc)
- ground turkey - 1/4 pound lean
- hamburger - 1/4 pound lean
- rosemary - 1 tablespoon
- cinnamon - 1 teaspoon
- sage - 1 teaspoon
- dried red pepper flakes - 1/2 teaspoon or to taste (optional)
- salt and pepper - to taste
- pomegranates - optional - seeds to garnish