No Bake Chewy Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
One of my boys’ favorite snacks is granola bars. They only seem to like one brand—Sunbelt. I often joke that we should own stock in the company because of just how much we alone spend on their granola bars. I found a recipe for some homemade bars that seemed quite similar to the Sunbelt ones my boys eat daily and wanted to try it out. I ran in to this recipe at Tracey's Culinary Adventures, but have seen it on other blogs and I’m not sure where it originated.
- No Bake Chewy Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
- No Bake Chewy Chocolate Chip Granola Bars, adapted from all over the internet, by Katrina, Baking and Boys!
- 2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 cup crispy rice cereal
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons mini chocolate chips