**This is a sponsored post in collaboration with the National Mango Board.
I grew up eating a lot of soup. Today I’ve passed that onto my boys. Over the years, this Mango Coconut Curry soup has been a go-to recipe when anyone needs a big bowl of cozy or when any of us need something nourishing to refuel us. We love referring to this soup as Asian chicken soup.
Mainly because anytime someone is sick the rest of us get right to cranking this out. The recipe is a family affair as much as chocolate chips cookies are. I married a recovering picky eater, so Matt and I both know the importance of getting kids in the kitchen early to curb any possibility of that. Thankfully this recipe is easy to make.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 11/2 tsp of turmeric
- 1 cup of full fat coconut milk
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 medium russet potatoes, cubed
- 2 large carrots sliced
- 2 cups cubed rotisserie chicken breast
- 2 mangos, cubed
- 5-6 cilantro sprigs
- 3-4 tablespoons of sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons sliced serrano peppers