There are two schools when comes to bread pudding – the people who like it wet and those who like it just moist enough to give the ensemble an almost cake-like texture. I personally fall in the later. It’s what I strive for in bread pudding—a custard base dessert that is held together with just enough binder to give it a silky center while leaving me with a crispy top for textural contrast.
Boom. Nailed it with chocolate croissant bread pudding. It was exactly the bit of self-indulgence I needed after a few weeks of crazy.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 7 oz. almond paste
- 10 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 3 large egg yolks
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 8-10 (1lb. total) chocolate croissants, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 8 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Confectioner’s sugar for dusting