It’s been awhile since I’ve posted a cupcake, so I decided to make that up to you guys with a double-decker Raspberry and White Chocolate Cupcake.
As I mentioned before, now that the book is in the home stretch, one more editing pass from from my editor and her team and it goes to print – eeep! But the more exciting news is I can finally get back to a normal schedule here.
Yay to that, because this place-this space, is my favorite place to be. A place where we meet, we do food and where all things are constant. I’m so thankful for you guys making this our place – a small corner where all that matters is the food and the conversation. I’m so excited to get back in the mix with our regular weekly postings, so get your stretch pants ready.
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 cup whole milk
- 5 large egg whites
- 11/2 cup sugar
- 4 sticks unsalted butter, sliced and softened
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoons vanilla bean paste (or extract if you don't have vanilla paste on hand)
- 7 oz. white chocolate, melted and cooled (make sure to use a high quality brand like Valrhona)
- 1.2 oz. freeze dried raspberries
- Optional: Gold sprinkles and fresh raspberries