I cannot believe we are already approaching April. It seems like the holidays just passed and I’m still cobbling my 2017 life together from half finished to-do lists, emergency do-or-die situations to get-it-done-or-lose-the-job deadlines. On days like this, which eep—happens more frequently than I wash my hair (thank gawd Matt either doesn’t notice or doesn’t care)—I need fast dinners like this Grilled Chicken and Spinach, Artichoke Dip Pizza.
To start this recipe you are going to need a killer Spinach and Artichoke Dip. I’ve got you handled when it comes to that. Here are a few of my few handy tricks that separates this Spinach and Artichoke Dip from the ordinary:
- Spinach and Artichoke Dip (makes about 2 1/2 cups) 2 tablespoons olive oil 3/4 cup of leeks, white parts only 2 10oz. bag of baby spinach 3 tablespoons Gourmet Garden Basil, Lightly Dried Pinch crushed red pepper flakes (optional) Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste 1 (14-ounce) can quartered artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped 2 tablespoons of capers, smashed 1/2 cup ricotta cheese 1/2 cup mayonnaise 1/2 cup sour cream 3/4 teaspoon onion powder 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder 1 cup fresh mozzarella, torn or shredded 1/2 cup pepper jack cheese 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated Pizza Crust (Jim Lahey's No-knead Pizza Crust from Serious Eats) 500 grams (17 ½ ounces or about 3 ¾ cups) all-purpose flour, plus more for shaping the dough 1 gram (1/4 teaspoon) active dry yeast 16 grams (2 teaspoons) fine sea salt 350 grams (1 ½ cups) water Pizza toppings 1 cup Spinach Artichoke Dip 2 grilled chicken breast, sliced 8 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese
- 500 grams (17 ½ ounces or about 3 ¾ cups) all-purpose flour, plus more for shaping the dough
- 1 gram (1/4 teaspoon) active dry yeast
- 16 grams (2 teaspoons) fine sea salt
- 350 grams (1 ½ cups) water