For every year I’ve been blogging, I’ve been whining about February being hell month with activities. Nothings changed. No matter how tightly I shut my eyes and clasp my hands in a prayer-like position and chant to myself “You got this boss-lady! This year you will be less stressed and more prepared”. I fail. This year—more epically than any other.
In my defense, planning: two birthdays, a 10-day vacation and A MOVE in a matter of three weeks is not what I would consider everyday adulting activity. Thankfully Matt and Cole are gracious and I have successfully peddled birthday month as a means for “make-ups”, because as you guessed it, I messed up on both their birthdays, e.g. reservations at the wrong restaurant, lost cakes, missing muffins (more on all this later).
- 4 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ancho chili
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 lb. medium shrimp, peeled, deveined, halved lengthwise
- 2-3 serrano chile, seeded, divided use
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- 2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup mixed greens, coarsely chopped (or the traditional angle hair cabbage)
- 1 1/2 lb. medium shrimp, peeled, deveined, halved lengthwise
- 8 corn tortillas
- Garnishings (optional): cilantro, smashed avoad, sour cream, chipotle sauce, hot sauce, cojita and lime wedges