It’s soup season, so let’s make this Spicy Corn Bisque and stay cozy during the holidays! If you are a regular reader here, then you know that I’m a huge fan of piling my soup with layers of toppings. For this Spicy Corn Bisque I’m piling on the French’s Crispy Jalapeño.
OMG – have you tried it? Have you seen it? You must get it.
It makes this soup! It gives the ensemble some added heat and the added crunch is everything—the perfect compliment to highlight the velvety smooth soup texture. Along with that, I’m adding these crispy bits to almost everything or eating it by the handful. In fact, I have the whole family doing the same.
- 4 ounces thick-cut bacon, cut into ¼-inch pieces
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium chopped onions
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1 medium leek, white and pale-green parts only, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 pound russet potatoes, peeled, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 14 oz. frozen petite corn
- 1 1/2 cups French’s Crispy Jalapeño
- Chopped parsley
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Red chili sauce
- sour cream