I love crisp and light salads of any kind, but I especially love ones studded with fruits like apples and pomegranate. Matt and the boys can never understand how I can just a eat a salad for dinner, but are nearly disgusted when I have a cold salad for breakfast with a cup of hot coffee.
If I were childless, I’m certain my eating habits would be even more out of sync with mainstream. I grew up eating anything from cereal to fish soup for breakfast. I don’t know if it was a cultural thing or a function of my mom being efficient with leftovers vs. the latest coupon clipping. Whatever it was, I grew up not really expecting or making food specific meals—that is until I got married and had kids.
- 1/2 lb. frisee
- 1 honey crisp apple, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, lightly toasted
- 3 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon pomegranate molasses