This Kale & Salami Salad with Roasted Garlic Vinaigrette is loaded with roasted fingerling potatoes, crispy toasted chickpeas, golden raisins, and caramelized onions! This filling salad makes the perfect lunch or dinner. It’s gluten free and dairy free, with a Paleo option.
So, there’s this salad that I’m kind of obsessed with. It’s from Tender Greens, a California based restaurant chain that specializes in making the most delicious salads with high-quality ingredients.
I’ve been going there for years, usually on lunch or dinner dates with my mom, and always ordering the same thing: the salami & kale salad with roasted garlic vinaigrette. Holy cow, it’s SO good, you guys. It’s the kind of meal I would crave when I was living in Seattle and couldn’t get one.
- ½ lb. fingerling potatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1 small onion, thickly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium bunches of kale, roughly chopped (discard the stems)
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast or Rawmesean (optional)
- 3 oz. thinly sliced salami (halved or quartered if your slices are large)
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and dried with a paper towel
- 1 tablespoon ghee or olive oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 10 cloves roasted garlic (see Notes)
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ¼ tablespoons apple cider vinegar