Skip the oven for this No Bake Peanut Butter & Jelly Tart – it’s an easy and refreshing dessert made with just seven ingredients! It has a peanut date crust filled with berry chia jam. This rich and fruity tart is gluten-free, grain-free, refined sugar-free and vegan.
When I started making this tart, it was going to be something else entirely. An almond-crusted tart, with chocolate and berries. Alas, I made a last minute switch to peanuts in the crust, and after tasting the peanut butter-y deliciousness, that idea was scrapped and this one was born, being built as I went.
- 1½ cups roasted peanuts
- ¾ cup pitted dates (I used 9)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 10 oz. mixed berries (I used strawberries and raspberries)
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 21 strawberries, halved (this amount may vary, based on how you want to arrange the strawberries/which pan you use)
- 2 tablespoons creamy natural peanut butter