If you like S’mores, you’ll love this decadent S’mores Pie!
A recent trip to the grocery store quickly made me aware of two things:
1) I’m literally incapable of sticking to “the list”. I go in for one item, and somehow leave with a full cart… which happens to be void of the one thing I went it for! Tale as old as time, right?!
2) 4th of July weekend is right around the corner!
Inspired by the shelves festively overflowing with patriotic patio decorations, grilling equipment, sparklers, and s’mores kits, this S’mores Pie was born. And oh boy is it good!
Dangerously good, my friend ↓
Tips and Tricks for Recipe Success:
You’ll need two cups of graham cracker crumbs to make the pie crust. Most grocery stores sell them already in crumb form, but you can also make your own. Simply pulverize two or three packages of graham crackers in a food processor! Just be sure to measure after to ensure you have two full cups. If you have leftover crumbs, save them! You can always use them to make cheesecake 😉
Because the chocolate filling of this includes sweetened condensed milk, you’re going to use a combination of semi-sweet chocolate and unsweetened chocolate. This ensures the filling is sweet but not overwhelmingly so.
The pie needs to “set” in the fridge for at least 4 hours before slicing, so plan ahead time wise for that.
To toast the marshmallows, you will need a kitchen blow torch. This is the one I used and I LOVE it. Can’t wait to try it out on crème brûlée!
This pie can be a little messy, so be sure to serve it with plenty of napkins 😉
Wishing you a safe and delicious holiday weekend!
If you try this recipe for S’mores Pie, let me know! Leave a comment below and don’t forget to snap a pic and tag it #bakerbynature on instagram! Seeing your kitchen creations makes my day ♥
S'mores PiePrep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Inactive 4 hours
Total 4 hours, 60 mins
Author Ashley Manila
Yield 9" Pie
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 4 large egg yolks, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 20 large marshmallows (about 1 bag)
- 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs