I have figured out the texture of an oreo for a homemade version! A rich chocolate crunchy and crumbly cookie with a creamy but stiff filling! These are so much better than the store bought version. Keep them plain, or add freeze dried raspberry powder to give them a pretty pink color and to add tartness to the filling! Happy Valentine’s Day!
You guys! I have been the worst blogger ever! It has been almost two weeks since I’ve posted a brand new recipe and I’ve had this one photographed for over a week and just haven’t been able to find the time to get it posted! I’m sorry! I meant to give you this in time for Valentine’s Day, but here it is already the day of love and I’m just now getting it to you! The good news is that oreos don’t have a season. These would be amazing anytime of the year and my husband definitely will eat them anytime and anywhere.
- ¾ cup cocoa powder (natural or dutch processed, dutch processed will give the more truer dark brown color of oreos)
- 1¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1- 1.2oz package of freeze dried raspberries (optional, I get these at Trader Joe's)
- 3½ cup powdered sugar (possibly more if needed)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup vegetable shortening
- 2 TBSP hot water