Thick and chewy cranberry white chocolate chip cookies with oatmeal and orange zest. The cookies get slightly crisp on the outside & stay super soft and chewy on the inside.
I have a difficult time meeting new people. I’m not sure when that started because I don’t remember being a shy kid. Maybe I was. Possibly I was just less self aware than I am now. But sometime in my young adult years I started getting overwhelmed with the idea of new people and new places. The thought of going to party and not knowing the majority of people that will be there feels like my worst nightmare. But that is why I always come armed with sweets- usually cookies.
- 2 sticks (1 cup, ½ lb) unsalted butter, softened
- 1½ cups dark brown sugar, lightly packed
- 2 large eggs, room temp
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- zest of an orange
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2¼ cups all purpose flour
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup white chocolate chips (plus more for topping if desired)
- 1 cup dried cranberries (plus more for topping if desired)