How to make easy vegan chocolate chip cookies with few ingredients and no “weird” ingredients. These cookies are simple and turn out chewy and soft!
I’m going to try something new here at Baker Bettie. I have been wanting to make some baking tutorial videos for a while, so I decided on a whim to just go ahead and try it. I wanted to go a little bit more in depth about the science of vegan baking and vegan substitutions and making a video seemed like a good place to start. Bare with me for my first try. The video is a bit long and that whole thing about the camera eating up energy is so true. Next time I’ll be a bit more animated! But I hope you enjoy it and that you learn a little something about vegan baking.
- ½ cup vegan butter (earth balance, vegan margarine, vegetable shortening, nut butter)
- 1 cup vegan sugar (dark brown muscovado sugar or whatever sugar you prefer)
- 1 tsp cornstarch or arrowroot powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 3 TBSP water
- 1 cup + 2 TBSP all-purpose flour
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips or chunks