This dough only takes 1 hour to make and rise. And it’s a now-or-later dough. Make it now or save it for another day, up to 2 days later. The recipe healthier since wheat flour is used and it's vegan. The dough is soft, chewy, thick and hearty, versatile, and most of all, easy to make. Simply combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl, knead for about 8 minutes, wait an hour, and bake it off. Nearly foolproof, and you can have homemade pizza in just over an hour - about 10 minutes to prep, 60 minutes to rise, 10 minutes to bake the pizza.
- 1 1/4 cups bread flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons (1 one-quarter ounce packet) instant dry yeast (I use Red Star Platinum )
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup warm water (120-130F for Red Star Platinum, 95 to 105F for other yeast)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons corn meal, for sprinkling on baking trays