I’ve been a teacher of one kind or another for most of my adult life, but it’s been a new experience for me the past couple of years to be the parent of a student. Having been on both sides of the equation, I know the importance of a thoughtful gesture that shows appreciation for the hard work a teacher does throughout the school year.
At the same time, I’m not exactly rolling in dough! Quite the contrary; every penny counts around here. So as the end of the school year rolls around, I have to put my thinking cap on to come up with a teacher appreciation gift that will be appreciated but doesn’t cost an arm and a leg. This year, my Certain Little Someone helped me out with his own ideas and his own special flare. He’s only 5, but I thought he put together a great gift with only a few minor suggestions and input on my part.
- a brightly patterned beach towel
- cute flip flops
- trendy sunglasses
- sunscreen and/or aloe gel
- a swimsuit cover-up
- a breezy beach hat
- a picnic cooler
- a gift card/certificate covering the entrance fee to a local pool or water park
- beach reading material (Walmart carries an inspirational line of clean – if sappy – romance novels. Not what I would read on a regular basis, but perfect brain candy for a relaxing day at the beach!)
- an insulated cup
- or all of the above in a beach bag!