Rich and creamy, this butternut squash soup recipe is a keeper.
I know, I know… another crock pot or slow cooker recipe. I can’t help it. I think I might be addicted. There’s no excuses here… you just chop it up and throw it all together in the pot. It’s that simple. It’s also nice that you can come home to a house smelling delicious, from your dinner cooking all day.
I used a kitchen scale to measure the amount of squash I had. Feel free to improvise.
What’s new with us? Just working away on all of the new features we are adding soon to Locate Special Diet. We are about to expand the mobile app to include ALL 50 states! Super exciting! If you haven’t downloaded it yet, it’s free and available on iPhone and Android ~ Locate Special Diet Mobile Apps
- ~2.75 lb. of butternut squash (cubed). I used about 2 lb. and ~12.5 ounces.
- 1 large white onion, rough chop
- 3 cloves garlic, throw in whole
- 1 can coconut milk, unsweetened
- 8 cups water
- 1 bunch leeks (approximately 3), white parts sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot
- Optional garnish: Italian parsley