It’s officially grilling season here in Austin, Texas. Yesterday, it reached a 100 degrees in some parts of Austin. I can’t believe it is already that time of year again…super intense heat day after day, and the only way to stay cool is if you are in some sort of water. Even the shade doesn’t help. Luckily, Chris and I are going on Lake Travis this weekend for Memorial Day. Lounging on floats on the lake is one of our favorite things to do, especially surrounded by good friends we have not seen in a while. It’s going to be a great, relaxing weekend.
Do you have plans for Memorial Day weekend? Consider firing up your grill and serving this tangy grilled broccoli recipe. It is light, refreshing and full of flavor. Your guests will certainly enjoy!
Grilled Lime-Paprika Broccoli
- Grilled Lime-Paprika Broccoli
- Print this recipe
- 2 medium size broccoli heads
- 1 tablespoon canola oil or extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt or less depending on size of broccoli
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- Wash and dry broccoli heads. Slice broccoli heads in 4 pieces per head, while keeping the stems intact. Place in a plastic container or plastic bag. Add seasoning, oil and lime juice. Shake to evenly distribute seasoning on broccoli. Let mixture stand for at least 15 minutes. Pre-heat grill to medium-high heat. Place broccoli on grill. Using high-heat safe tongs, rotate broccoli randomly through the 10 minute grill time. Finished broccoli should have nice grill marks, caramelized tops, and the texture should still have a bite.
- Don’t miss a recipe or ATX Gluten-Free News segment. Sign up for my RSS feed today, or follow me on Facebook and Twitter.
- Related Posts:Grilled Cabbage Slaw
- Slow Cooker Butternut Squash Soup (Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free,…
- Austin Food Blogger Alliance Cookbook
- Easy Baked BBQ Chicken (Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free)
- Three-Bean Beer Chili (Gluten-Free, Vegetarian)