Happy Thanksgiving week! If you have room on your menu to add this quinoa stuffing; your guests will thank you. Gluten-free bread or cornbread stuffing can be tricky. You have to have the right amount of liquid and the right type of gluten-free bread to make it work. Even then, it sometimes comes out dry and lacking flavor. Not with this stuffing. Quinoa Stuffing may be made ahead of time and in less than 45 minutes. Are you smiling yet? Quinoa is a wonderful ancient grain that is packed with nutrients and essential amino acids. You are not only helping out your sanity this holiday season, but your body will thank you as well. Light, flavorful and satisfying; you will make this quinoa stuffing time and time again. Enjoy your holidays!
- One 12 ounce box (or 2 cups) of regular or red quinoa, by Ancient Harvest.
- 4 cups (32 fluid ounce) chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 gala apples with skin, diced
- 4 small/medium stalks celery with leaves, diced
- 1 small white onion, minced
- 4-6 fresh sage leaves, minced
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup champagne vinegar
- 1/4 cup Grand Marnier
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- juice of 1 small lemon
- handful fresh Italian parsley, rough chop
- one 1.75 ounce bag of Lemon Thyme Hail Merry Pecans, or 1/2 cup regular pecans