We've got a new post at Arousing Appetites: International Cuisines and Recipes that we wanted to share with you. We'd love to hear what you think.
Sure, the holidays are a prime time for great food and indulgent eating, but that would be only half of the tale.
We couldn’t tell you why it’s this way, but the holiday season makes way for festive drinks to come onto the scene. The Germans have their gluhwein, the Swedes swill their glögg, and the Americans love their eggnog.
Even in the warmer weather of Puerto Rico, you’ll easily find a fun, festive local spirit too, and we can promise that one sip of coquito will have you hooked for many Christmas futures to come.
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup white rum (add more if you'd like a heavier drink)
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cans of coconut milk, condensed (simmer for 2 hours)
- Cinnamon sticks (1 per glass)
- Pinches of ground nutmeg and cinnamon