Don’t you just love zucchini season?
Pretty zucchini petals top a luscious frittata
- Pretty zucchini petals top a luscious frittata
- As proof that I love zucchini, I have made it in many, many creative forms: I have made zucchini rolled into a one pot meal, turned into savory s’mores, baked in ramekins with eggs, made into salsa verde, and stirred into zucchini crudo salad.
- My latest zucchini fest involves a skillet and eggs: a frittata. Instead of just dicing it and stirring it into the egg mixture, I decided to try a more attractive way of using the zucchini – it turned out so pretty – sort of an edible breakfast centerpiece. The zucchini slices look just like flower petals arranged artistically.
- You need an 8 to 10 inch non-stick skillet for this recipe – I used an 8 inch, and the frittata puffed up to the top and was the perfect thickness.
- This is an easy, quick dinner with just a few ingredients – yet pretty enough to impress friends and neighbors. A summer staple at our house, for sure!
- – posted by Donna
- ZUCCHINI PETALS FRITTATA
- 1 tablespoon butter (or olive oil)
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- Heat an 8 or 10 inch skillet to medium heat. Add butter and swirl until butter coats skillet. Then place zucchini siices in skillet, overlapping them slightly, to cover entire bottom of skillet. Cook uncovered, until zucchini is translucent on top and lightly browned on bottom. Sprinkle cheese on top of zucchini slices.