Celebrate Cinco de Mayo with chiles – stuffed with most anything!
Shrimp Stuffed Roasted Poblanos -for your Cinco de Mayo Celebration!
Why not celebrate Cinco de Mayo by trying out the classic Mexican dish Chiles Rellenos? But not fried – with roasted stuffed chiles. I promise they are just as yummy roasted! And you can use so many things to stuff them with – the possibilities are endless!
A few years ago I discovered roasting instead of battering and frying my stuffed chiles and love them even better. Plus, no muss, no fuss, no splattered oil everywhere. Such a great way to eat stuffed chiles!
Shrimp stuffed chiles are one of my favorites – and so easy to make., so the recipe is included below.
- And here are a few other fabulous ideas for non-fried chlies rellenos, too.
- Happy Cinco de Mayo, Todos!
- Chiles, eggs and cheese, baked into a fluffy souffle.
- Corn PUdding in Poblano Cups – Tasty AND pretty!
- Chile Relleno Bake from Kalyn’s Kitchen
- Baked Chiles Rellenos from Cook’s Hideout
- – posted by Donna
- ROASTED SHRIMP POBLANOS RELLENOS
- 1 jar (12 ounces) roasted red bell peppers, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) fire-roasted diced tomatoes, UNdrained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 large poblano peppers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 pound medium peeled and deveined raw shrimp
- 1 cup (2 ounces) Monterey jack cheese, grated
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup queso fresco, crumbled, for garnish
- 1/2 cup diced cilantro for garnish