Artichoke Lemon Pesto Chicken with Cauliflower Rice
- Artichoke Lemon Pesto Chicken with Cauliflower Rice
- This is a straight-up delicious, easy chicken recipe that just happens to also be dairy-free, gluten and grain-free. It is also shamelessly adapted from PaleOMG’s original artichoke pesto “pasta” recipe, which used spaghetti squash. I made that recipe about 7 times, with only a few minor tweaks (all basil instead of combined with parsley, omitting the broth, and so on). Then, one terrible day, I couldn’t find spaghetti squash – and decided to try it over cauliflower rice instead. And lo, I love it just as much as the spaghetti squash version.
- That’s all there is to it. Delicious. Incredibly good for you. Try it.
- ARTICHOKE LEMON PESTO CHICKEN WITH CAULIFLOWER RICE
- 2-3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 12-15 artichoke hearts, halved (I used Trader Joe’s plain ones in a can)
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- ⅓ cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup fresh basil
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 large head cauliflower, trimmed and broken apart
- 1-2 tablespoons capers (optional)
- salt and pepper, to taste