Who says you can’t turn out a healthy and flavorful meal in less than 20 minutes? I saw this idea in Sunset magazine and thought the mellow tastes of corn and tarragon would pair well with white fish. I like tilapia because it is a sustainable fish, it’s exceedingly frugal and has a firm white flesh. Tilapia farmed in the USA or Central America is eco-friendly and uber healthy, so buy tons when it’s on sale and keep a few fillets stashed in your freezer.
- To learn about sustainable fish issues, I like the Seafood Watch Site, and you can even doanload a Pocket Guide to eating sustainable fish in your area!
- We love tilapia here at FFF, and we’ve featured it before in a Spice Rubbed Tilapia and Tilapia with Sopes and Raw Corn Salad.
- With this new tilapia recipe, all you need to add is some crusty French bread and a salad – what-the-heck, you can even use the bagged stuff with a little vinaigrette – and Voila! – dinner is still less than 20 minutes from grocery bag to table!
- TILAPIA WITH TARRAGON AND SWEET CORN SAUCE
- Total prep and cook time 20 minutes – Serves four
- 4 tillapia fillets
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 shallots, diced
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn, divided, plus a little extra for garnish
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh tarragon, divided, plus more leaves for garnish
- 1 cup half and half
- A few dashes Tabasco sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste