I’ve had some problems with the Russians trying to hack my blog, so everyone will have to sign up as new users again. I apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your support!
Since most of the chocolate we eat is sweetened, whether it’s a little or a lot, we naturally associate it pretty strongly with desserts. But there’s more to chocolate than baking and ice cream. Especially in the Latin American cultures that first developed cacao and left it unsweetened, plenty of more savory dishes can benefit from a little touch of chocolate sauce happiness.
- 2 tablespoons SCHARFFEN BERGER Cacao Nibs
- 2 teaspoons dried red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground (dry) mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons Kosher salt
- 1-2.5 pound tri-tip roast (fat cap left on)