Baba Ghanouj (Baba Ghanoush) is a naturally gluten-free, dairy-free Middle Eastern dish that is typically served with pita bread and/or vegetables.
In our battle against Candida , I have found that dips and sauces have become more important to our daily routine.
First, kids love to dip their food.
Last night we had roasted cod fish, steamed broccoli and smashed cayenne sweet potatoes. When I looked over at my 7 year old, she was dipping her cod fish and broccoli into her sweet potatoes. Giving her a slightly odd look she simply stated “What? This makes a really great dip, too!”
- 2lbs Eggplant
- 1 medium-large garlic bulb
- 4-5 Tbs Coconut Oil
- 2-3 Tbs Roasted Tahini
- 1-2 Fresh Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice from 1 lemon
- Salt and Cayenne Pepper to taste
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil to drizzle
- 1 Tbs Chopped Parsley for garnish