Here’s supper club recipe #2 – garlic mushroom burritos!
I adore these burritos.
The main reason is that I’ve recently discovered sriracha (I know, where have I been for the last 2+ years?), and I’m bloomin’ obsessed with the stuff. I know everyone else in the world loves sriracha, and I always thought, surely it can’t be as good as everyone says it is? It’s just hot sauce, surely it’s just the same as every other hot sauce out there?
Well, when I first tried it I thought it was really nice, but nothing particularly special… and then I found myself putting it on absolutely everything in sight. I honestly think it would be good on a roast dinner. Or peanut butter on toast. Maybe even a banana.
- 400g (~2 cups) long-grain white rice
- 1tbsp oil
- 500g tomatoes (~8 medium), diced
- 3tsp smoked paprika
- 2tsp ground cumin
- 3tbsp sriracha
- Black pepper
- 2tbsp oil
- 10 cloves garlic, minced
- 750g mushrooms, sliced (~9 cups sliced)
- 10 large flour tortillas
- 2 x 400g tins black beans, drained (240g, or ~1½ cups, each when drained)
- 250g cheddar cheese, grated
- Small bunch fresh coriander, chopped
- 10 squares of tin foil