Happy early Valentine’s Day! I already made a slew of happy pink treats but now it’s time to break out the big guns. This isn’t pink but it’s sure to win over even the coldest of hearts. I nearly died and went to heaven when I tasted these.
I made a batch of these for Alex and my sister when she came to visit (since I love them both). My sister was pretty impressed and since I’m such a good wife I made some of the batter in a separate pan without the caramel sauce for Alex.
I made double the amount caramel sauce so we could drizzle some on top. We made brownie sundaes with ice cream on top and it was just amazing. There aren’t words. These remind of the rich dense brownies that Paul A Young makes in London. He’s an amazing chocolatier.
- 1 scant cup granulated sugar
- 10.1 fluid oz heavy cream, heated to hot
- 1 tbs unsalted butter
- big pinch of flaky sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups AP flour
- 3 tbs cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 10.5 oz dark chocolate, I used a 60% Ghirardelli bar
- 1 stick + 3tbs unsalted butter
- 1 cup + 2tbs light brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla