The smell of leeks cooking in butter has filled the house with deliciousness! My St Patrick's Day dish this year is a pizza with leeks, baby greens, very thinly sliced potato, and Dubliner Irish Cheddar. And, of course, I used Kerrygold butter for the leeks.
("Not really a pizza", my daughter says, "because there's no tomato sauce.")
The end result was surprising light on the stomach, but hearty in flavor. I thought it was a wonderful way to eat your greens.
- The end result was surprising light on the stomach, but hearty in flavor. I thought it was a wonderful way to eat your greens.
- Kale, Leek & Potato Pizza
- 3-4 small potatoes, sliced as thin as possible
- 1 leek, trimmed and cleaned and thinly sliced in rounds
- Kerrygold Irish butter
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 5oz bag of baby greens
- 1 ball Trader Joe's pizza dough
- Dubliner Irish Cheddar
- Heat the oven to 425. Toss your thin potato slices in a little olive oil with salt. Place on a foil-lined baking sheet and bake for about 5 minutes, until just tender.
- Melt some butter in a frying pan and cook your sliced leeks over medium -low until soft and starting to brown.