As the warm weather kicks in, I find myself cutting down on my lunch size and go more for appetizers and finger foods. I am craving fresh, vibrant and packed with flavors food..And lots of ice cream. If only I could cut down on my ice cream too I am hopeless.
Last week, I made these amazing Thai beef salad cucumber bites appetizers. I was inspired by Tamara’s from Beyond Mere Sustenance post about cooking without recipes, using flavor profiles (I don’t know if you had the chance to read her post, but you should For sure you’ll find some great information on how to make your dishes more interesting without following a step by step recipe).
- ½ lb beef steak
- salt and pepper
- 1 large cucumber, sliced into thick rounds
- 2 medium shallots, finely diced
- 2 red chilies, seeds removed and finely diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in quarters
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- ¼ teaspoon brown sugar
- juice from 1 lime