Chocolate Chess Pie is seriously one of the best things ever created – especially if you love chocolate like I do.
Creamy, custardy, and oh so chocolatey on the inside, chocolate chess pies is also crowned with the signature crunchy top crust that you’ll find in really good chess pie recipes.
And really, the simplicity of a chess pie just makes it even more special.
See the inside of that pie?
Oh my goodness!!!
You’ll love it.
Here’s my recipe for Chocolate Chess Pie. Add a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of ice cream to take it over. the. top!
- 1¼ cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon espresso powder (optional)
- pinch of salt
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 5 ounces evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust