I love it when you can make takeout at home easily. It allows you to control the quality of the ingredients and also the amount of added fat (which Indian restaurants are notorious for adding too much of). I had no idea this was such an easy dish to make at home. Make an extra batch of the fake-bake tandoori chicken and transform it into this Indian classic. Ria loved it and wanted some right after it was ready (4 pm dinner?). Thanks Mom for demystifying this classic dish and making it so accessible.
Chicken Tikka Masala
An Indian staple made kid-friendly and easy. Use paneer (Indian cheese available at Indian specialty grocery stores) or tofu for vegetarian version. Sometimes, I add peas to the tofu or paneer to make it a one-pot meal.
Serves 2 adults and 2 kids
- 1 recipe fake-bake tandoori chicken
- 14 oz can of whole peeled tomatoes, pureed in blender or small food processor
- ½ tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp chilli powder (optional or use less)
- ½ tsp sugar (to counter tartness of tomatoes)
- 2 tbsp heavy cream (optional)