There are some days that easy comfort food is simply required. The last six months or so was “that day” and I am pretty much in love with these French Onion Slow Cooker Mushrooms. Seriously. Straight up “drink the sauce” delicious.
The pan seared breaded chicken is no joke either (and so simple) so I’ve included it as a bonus since we always top it with something and, more often than not, it’s these mushrooms.
Mr. Claire and I aren’t big on Valentine’s Day, aside from helping the boys with their class treats, so that passed by without much fuss around here. We DO love to cook together, however, and here’s a true story. When he and I met many years ago he did not like mushrooms one bit and had pretty much decided, at some point in his formative years, that mushrooms were off his list.
- 16 oz whole white mushrooms
- 2 sticks butter, melted
- 1 packet Onion Soup/Dip Mix, 2 - 2.5 oz (such as Lipton)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup dry Vermouth (optional)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2-3 tbsp chopped parsley for garnish, optional
- 2 large boneless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups Panko bread crumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp each, salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp butter, divided