I don’t think there is ever a time I am not in the mood for Mexican food. It is one of our all time favorites and this One Skillet Mexican Tamale Pie is always a hit.
We have an assortment of cast iron skillets and I totally need to use them more in the oven so I am on a mission to do just that. Oh and, hey listen. They get hot. Like, reeeally hot (I’m a genius, I know) and they stay really hot for longer than this gal realized.
I may have almost sacrificed a finger to bring you this recipe.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 2 (10-oz) cans enchilada sauce
- 15 oz can chili beans, drained
- 4 oz can diced green chiles
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 (6.5-oz) packages corn muffin mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, plus extra for topping