I've got a refreshing challenge for you this month! One packed full of Vitamin C and sunshine to help get us over the last hurdle of winter and thinking about warmer times ahead. As well as the well known Vitamin C and benefits to the immune system, nutrients in oranges are plentiful and diverse. Low in calories, with no saturated fats or cholesterol, Oranges are rich in dietary fiber, pectin, which is very effective in persons with excess body weight. Pectin also helps to protect the mucous membrane of the colon by decreasing its exposure time to toxic substances as well as by binding to cancer-causing chemicals in the colon. Pectin has also been shown to reduce blood cholesterol levels by decreasing its re-absorption in the colon by binding to bile acids in the colon.
- Each month the new challenge will be announced on the 1st of the month, and recipes should be submitted by midnight on the 28th.
- You can enter as many recipes into each challenge as you like, the more the merrier. Existing posts are welcome, as long as they contain the chosen ingredient and have been updated to include a link back to this challenge.
- Recipes can be your own or someone else's, but if you do use an existing recipe please credit the source.
- Posts must contain the Feel Good Food logo above, be tagged with Feel Good Food, and contain a link back to this site.
- You can add your post using the linky tool at the bottom of this post, or alternatively email me a copy of the URL link to email@example.com so that I know it is there, and I can include it in the round up at the end of the month.
- If you are on Twitter, tweet me the link at @ThePantryDoor1, using the hashtag #FeelGoodFood and I will retweet as well.