Sometimes grown-up gatherings call for grown-up desserts. And these Espresso Brownie Bites with Kahlua Buttercream Kisses are the sweetest little way to top off an evening with friends, or a New Year’s Eve celebration.
You already know how much I enjoy my mini treats, for both their fun attitude and their small pop-in-your-mouth size. And as we pull away from Christmas, with all its trays loaded with cookies and fudge, I appreciate even more having just a bite-sized sweet nibble to finish off a meal.
- 1/2 c. unsalted butter, diced
- 3 oz. unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1-1/2 c. sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp. instant espresso powder
- 1-1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 c. flour
- 1/2 c. unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 T. heavy cream
- 4 T. Kahlua coffee liqueur
- 1 tsp. espresso powder
- 3 c. powdered sugar, sifted
- cinnamon, for dusting