We grew potatoes in our garden for the first time this summer and it was so fun to harvest them! Our daughter got the biggest kick out of digging through the dirt of our garden beds and finding each new potato – it was like a treasure hunt for her!
So with a bowl full of freshly-harvested, home-grown potatoes, we couldn’t wait to give them a try! We had a few days of cool and rainy weather last week, so comfort food was on the menu – and these decadent and delicious, Loaded Pub Fries really hit the spot!
- 12 slices bacon, cooked crisp (reserve 1 tablespoon bacon fat)
- 2 pounds all-purpose potatoes
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces Manchego cheese, shredded
- 2 medium scallions diced
- Sour cream for garnish