This Italian Kale Salad with Sweet Lemon Garlic Vinaigrette is packed with flavor with roasted tomatoes, 3 types of greens, chicken, pastrami and fresh mozzarella cheese. Tossed in a Sweet Lemon Garlic Vinaigrette, this salad is just in time for summer.
I just got back from the most amazing foodie trip with some of my closest and newest friends. This past weekend I attended the Indulge Food Bloggers Conference. It was hands down the most amazing time I have ever had as a food blogger. The conference was held in Portland, OR, the foodie capital of the Western United States. Seriously! On every corner, there is a restaurant where the chef runs everything. The food is fresh from the farmers market or picked from their very own farms or gardens. In fact, I really only saw one chain, Starbucks. And thank goodness for that! Yes, there are other chains but not to be seen in downtown Portland. Instead we visited the food carts, farmers market and the famous Salted Straw. This place, the Salted Straw made the entire trip worth it. My girlfriends and I tried all 17 flavors, generous spoonful’s and we all still ordered waffle cones full to the brim of ice cream. It was amazing. I came home, having gained about 10 lbs., not kidding. And totally worth it!
- ¼ cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 head Boston Bib lettuce, chopped
- 1 bunch green kale, stems removed & chopped
- 2 cups arugula, roughly chopped
- 3 large carrots, sliced
- 1 cup roasted tomatoes, chopped or sun-dried tomatoes
- 8 ounces mozzarella al fresca, drained
- 1 tablespoon Italian or Tuscan seasoning
- ¾ chopped pastrami or pepperoni
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken, I used a rotisserie chicken
- Additional toppings, optional:
- Pine nuts
- Green onion
- Sweet Lemon Garlic Vinaigrette
- 1/3 fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Season with pepper to taste, optional
- Make Italian Biscuits to serve on the side, or to chop up into croutons.