I don’t do normal particularly well – especially when it comes to recipes. I always have to go slightly left of centre, or right, whatever, but rarely straight down the middle. I make pies with beetroot or purple carrots , I make ice cream with avocados , I make sandwiches with fruit .
So when we chose ‘Nuts’ as the Sweet Adventures Blog Hop theme for July my mind started ticking away. Baklava did occur to me, as it had for our ‘ Layers ‘ theme in March, but the same thing that put me off of it then – namely the enormous amount of honey that gets poured over the top – put me off this month as well.
- 2 c raw organic cashews, soaked overnight
- 1/2 c chopped dates [5-6 large]
- 1/3 c coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 c lemon juice
- 2 tsp vanilla extract or 1 tsp vanilla bean paste or seeds from 1 vanilla bean
- 1/4 c almond milk or water
- 1/2 tsp sea salt