Tortellini are so versatile. And this is a great recipe to show off their cheesy goodness The sauce is light and packed with healthy veggies.
- Tortellini and Veggies
- 4 servings
- 182 calories per serving
- 1 9 oz. package of refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 T oil
- 2 medium shallots, minced
- 1 medium bell pepper in 1 inch pieces
- 2 c chopped plum tomatoes (about 6 tomatoes)
- 1 medium zucchini cut in half lengthwise and then sliced into half moons
- ½ t garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ t basil flakes
- ½ t oregano flakes
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Heat oil in pan and cook bell pepper and shallots in oil 4-5 minutes then add tomatoes, zucchini and seasonings and cover and cook 5 minutes. Finally add in tortellini and cook 3 minutes or until hot.
- Top off the dish with some fresh herbs of your choice (basil and parsley do quite well).