Strawberry Frosted Sugar Cookies – a copycat of those soft sugar cookies you find in your favorite supermarket, frosted with a delicious strawberry buttercream. These are the perfect cookie for summer!
This has been one crazy week.
Our oldest son…wait, he’s our only son.
Why on earth would I say oldest?
See, it’s been such a busy week that I can’t keep track of my children or even know their birth order. Oy vey. haha
He graduated from high school this past Thursday.
Kids graduate from high school every year. It’s a common occurrence and they all deserve to be congratulated for their achievement and hard work, however this kid rocked it!
- 1/2 cup (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (12 tablespoons) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups confectioners sugar (see note)
- 1/8 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh strawberries