Double Chocolate Banana Bread – that old fashioned favorite made even better with the addition of unsweetened cocoa powder and semi-sweet chocolate chips. Eat your bananas and get your chocolate fix at the same time.
Are you a reader?
I used to be.
I mean, I do still read, but I haven’t sat down with a book since we were living in New Hampshire. So, it’s probably been almost two years. It was an older book sitting on the shelf of our furnished rental and for the life of me, I can’t even remember the name of it or who the author was.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 4 medium very ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided