Thanks to Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry for providing me the opportunity to create these Boston Cream Puff Cakes, two rounds of Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry filled with vanilla cream, topped with chocolate ganache and a cherry!
Boston Cream Pie has always been one of my favorites.
I haven’t made it in quite a while, but it’s the first thing that came to mind after I was fortunate enough to be invited to a blogger brunch hosted by Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry and Miss Laura of Pink Cake Plate. And I must say, it was fabulous. Just look at this set-up, it was SO pretty!
- 1 package Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Sheets
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2/3 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- 4 tablespoons heavy whipping cream divided
- Maraschino cherries with stems