Strawberry Lemonade Bars – those delicious lemon bars with the great addition of strawberries. A great summertime treat what’s perfect all year round!
Strawberry and lemon – two of my favorite dessert flavors.
Hmmm… well, maybe there are others, too.
Chocolate. Chocolate is a good flavor for dessert and I really like that, too.
And don’t forget banana. I really like banana in banana cake.
Hmmm…I guess I enjoy quite a few flavors in my desserts.
I decided to make these after going on the Click Retreat last month. Man, was that awesome. It was a cruise through the Caribbean on Royal Caribbean’s Oasis of the Seas. I’ll be sharing a recap of the trip next week because if I shared it here with these bars, you’d be reading this post until 2016.
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup confectioners’ sugar, plus extra for topping
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3/4 tablespoon salt
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing pan
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 2/3 cup fresh, strained lemon juice
- 1 ¼ cups fresh chopped strawberries
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt