Smashed Roasted Cheesy Potatoes – ruby gold potatoes roasted, smashed, seasoned and then covered with cheese and green onions for a delicious side dish.
I don’t know about you, but I’m always looking for side dishes to serve to the family.
I get stuck in a side dish rut, serving the same thing over and over and over again. Usually it’s steamed broccoli, a spinach salad or some steamed green beans. Yes, we’ll have mashed potatoes with the occasional steak or roast, but other than that…BORING!
I’ve determined that it’s probably because I mostly spend so much time making the main course, that I honestly don’t give a darn about what accompanies it.
- 1.5 lbs. Melissa's Ruby Gold Potatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) freshly grated Monterey Jack / Colby cheese