Caramel Apple French Toast Bake – enjoy the tastes of Fall for breakfast with this great combination of baked French toast, apples, caramel sauce, with a cinnamon streusel topping! Mornings around the table will never be the same!
Sometimes you just need something really yummy for breakfast.
Ok, maybe there’s more than just sometimes.
Breakfast is a favorite meal at our house and at least once a week we have it for dinner.
And if we go to a restaurant that serves breakfast all day, you can bet your sweet bippy that that’s what I’m having!
- 1 day old loaf French Bread, cut into one inch cubes
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and chopped (I used 4 because they were small)
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup caramel sundae topping plus additional for drizzling
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) cold butter